Warning, this will be yucky! Don't like poop, don't read this. :)
So, our daughter has decided that she doesn't like to have poo in her diaper. Fair enough, I wouldn't be a fan either. HOWEVER, she has also decided that she can take care of it herself, and remove it with her hands. Really?! Who does that?? I guess my girl does. She has done it multiple times, sometimes leaving it in a pile, sometimes spreading it all over. IT'S AWFUL!!!
We have tried taking things away: there's a bag, which I made her fill herself with the five favorite toys and/or books, and I told her that it was going away until she behaved. We've tried the cold shower trick. Not actually cold water, but it's so chilly in our house, that lukewarm water works just fine. We've tried time outs, going to bed early without stories, taking away her DVD's that she likes... I'm not sure what else to do, unless I duct tape her diaper closed, and that probably wouldn't work too well.
This all started shortly after we started to potty train her...b/c that's going SO well! :-\ Ugh. I'm going to dig up some kids books and see what they say.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.