Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bonjour! Welcome to the land of the MommyHuts!

"Mama"-"Yes?"- Pan to a small child pointing to the closet door. "What would you like?"- Keeps pointing and is now trying to open the door. Mind you, she's only 2, so the turning the knob thing, isn't going to happen yet.- "Do you want me to vacuum?" - Child flashes a giant smile, nodding, with curls flying.- "Mommy is not ready to vacuum yet, we need to get ready for dinner." I turn and head back to the kitchen. Silence... Silence is not good with a 2 year old. "Uh oh!!"- "Uh oh??"- I look around, seeing nothing out of the ordinary. "Uhhh ohhhh!" - Hum, turn around and look again. "Honey, why are you..." Ah! There, on the carpet, several piles of salt. Salt?? How did the salt end up on the floor? - Pan to the chair, leading to the kitchen table, which leads to where the salt was. She poured the salt on the floor, so she could watch me vacuum!



Welcome, to the life of the MommyHuts! MommyHut is a nickname given to my husband when he was in high school, due to his last name, and has stuck ever since. I decided that I wanted to make a blog that was accessible to our friends and family. As some of you know, I love writing! I wrote all the time, until college. Life happened, and writing was not included, besides the required essays and such. Now that our kids are here, and life's adventures are constantly changing, I thought it was time to try out this blog thing. You'll be able to read about what V and N are up to, all of their recent accomplishments, etc. Plus, this will be a place for Mike and I to let all of you in on important events that we think you might want to know about... though really, our lives aren't that exciting... most of the time! :)


Definitions
Vai- First, alpha, fearless, determined, musical, athletic, climber, big sister, curly, mini-mom, the biggest brown eyes you'll ever see.
Noah- Gentle, chill, calm, loving, showing athletic tendencies, don't know on the music yet, blond??, big blue eyes??, huh??
Ama- Still has a bit of Vai in her!
Mike- Is still a lot like Noah!


We love our kids so much!! Just before Noah was born, we were a bit nervous. A second child in the house? How is Vai going to adjust, and more importantly, how are we going to adjust? They would be 19 months apart, and many people said: "Oh dear, that's really close together!" As I like to say: "Thank you, Captain Obvious!!" 
The amazing thing was, the minute he was born, we knew that it was right, our fears went away, and our decision to have them close (though it was a bit closer than we thought it would be) was the perfect one for us. Not like anybody is going to say: "Son of a bleep, we screwed up!", but you know what I mean. :)


Thanks for joining us! We hope you enjoy the adventures of the MommyHuts!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

PEEPS